Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Top 5 Star Wars Card Trader Sets of 2021

The Top 5 Topps Digital 2021 favorites continue with Star Wars Card Trader Sets.  The Top 5 come from cards that I have actually collected in the SWCT app. I may not have the complete sets, so I note how many I have of the set.  If you have any of the cards I'm missing from these sets, I would entertain fair trades.  My SWCT username is JEDIGROSS.  

If you are evaluating your collection and can't believe I would have passed on a certain set, it may be that I didn't collect that set, or it may be that we just have differences in opinion which is awesome!  Here are my Top 5 sets of 2021:  

5. The Mandalorian - The Legend Continues - Wave 1 Standard, Uncommon, 5/5 collected

This set is unique.  I enjoy the "card pack" look of the set which makes if fun.  Clearly, if I opened these packs they would be Mandalorian cards, but what would the set look like with pack covers like these?  It is a fun and colorful little set that comes in at number 5 for me this year.  





















4. Daniel Govar Original Art: Pilots & Ships Wave 1 Parchment, 
    "Tora Doza and the Blue Ace," Uncommon, 9/9 collected

Going along with my affinity for the ships of Star Wars, this set goes a step further and gives me the pilot of my favorite ships.  My number 3 card of SWCT for individual cards came from this set (see here), but I chose to display the "Tora Doza and the Blue Ace" card here.  I enjoy any card that uses a Star Wars subject that we don't get to see often. I really enjoyed Tora Doza's character in Star Wars Resistance, but I enjoy the entire set done by Daniel Govar.  There is a full-color set of this in the Rare variant which is awesome, but since the black and white sketch is more accessible, and I just like the shading of the black and white, I chose it as my number 4 in 2021.






















3. Kevin-John Original Art, Helmets, Wave 1 - Signatures "Bo-Katan Kryze," 
    Super Rare, 2/5 collected

If you love Mandalorian helmets, this is a must-have set!  The raw feel to the art with the "bleeding" paint matches the style of the Mandalorians.  Not much else to say other than I love the aesthetics of these cards.  






















2.  Derek Laufman Original Art Series, Color Art, "Zori Bliss," Rare,  / collected

This is a super cool series of characters that Laufman chose to create.  I love the interpretation of the characters with some "cartoon" feel to many of the images.  I chose the Zori Bliss card to represent the series because I really like how he makes her out to be the gun-slinger that I imagine her to be.  I don't feel the film brought out that aspect of her, but Laufman shows it clearly in this card.  Check out this series and I think you will agree that it should be in the Top 5 of any list.  







































1. Widevision 2021, Series 1-4 Bronze, Uncommon, 
    26/26 Series 1, 26/26 Series 2, 25/25 Series 3, 26/26 Series 4 collected

One item to start with this set of amazing cards. An apology, no apology to Cory Clubb of CWK Pourover, this is kind of a four-way tie as I am including four sets as my Number 1 choice.  I give forgiveness to this because they are all the same series, just in 4 waves.    
Anyway, this set is awesome!  I really liked the editors' choices on what scenes they captured for the wide vision treatment.  The captured essence of wide vision went from human conflict to galactic battle.  I really appreciate all aspects of how they used this format.  I tried to display some of that with the cards I chose to represent the sets.  Enjoy!  


























A quick note:  Acquiring information for the cards was kind of frustrating this year which is why some cards don't have actual names of the cards or sets.  I had to guess at that.  I normally get that information by clicking on the card, then using the information button on the bottom left.  About 85% of the cards did not have any information available.  All the fields were filled with "???"  I hope this feature is fixed in the future, but don't get me wrong, I love this app and hope it continues for a very long time!

No comments: