Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Top Five Star Wars Card Trader Insert and Award Cards in 2021

The Top 5 Topps Digital 2021 favorites continue with Star Wars Card Trader Insert and Award Cards.  The Top 5 come from cards that I have actually collected in the SWCT app.  If you are evaluating your collection and can't believe I would have passed up on a certain card, it may be that I didn't collect that card, or it may be that we just have differences in opinion which is awesome!  I always love this quote that highlights the benefit of thinking differently, "If everyone is thinking the same thing, then someone isn't thinking."  I think it was U.S. General Patton who said that, but you can probably easily prove me wrong.  I am focused on SWCT cards not who said what!  Here we go!

5.  Star Wars Visions: Ronan,  Rare,  9642 GC  

I love the look of this card.  It is dramatic art for who may be the subject of my favorite Visions episode.  The dramatic red of the saber really pops with the black and white art.  Ronan's robe is not just flowing in the wind, but it appears to be whipping in the wind adding a sense of action to the image.  














4. Ahsoka Tano Authentic Autograph, Uncommon, 4381 GC

Who doesn't want an Ahsoka card with Ashley Eckstein's autograph?  I mean, seriously.  It is a pretty stock image of Ahsoka, but the autograph is enough to make it my 4th top card of 2021!  





















3. Mandalorian and the Razor Crest Daniel Govar - Original Art: Pilots and Ships 
    Wave 1 Parchment, Uncommon, 33,368 GC

I absolutely love original art!  I am thankful that Star Wars Card Trader has made a commitment to these artists and giving them top billing for their work.  This card comes from one of my top sets of 2021 (coming soon) "Pilots and Ships."  It also is one of my favorite subjects of Star Wars these days: the Mandalorian and his ship, the Razorcrest!  












2.  Topps Choice Series 3 - Loth Wolf, Uncommon, 4342 GC

The subject of this card is a family favorite and was a total shock when it appeared on the Topps Choice list.  At Star Wars Celebration Chicago, I bought the plush Loth Wolf in the store for my youngest daughter who is an animal lover.  She fell in love with the white Loth Wolf and he quickly became her favorite stuffed animal. She appropriately named him "Wolfie," so my second favorite card of 2021 is "Wolfie!"  













1. The Mandalorian: The Heiress Card #9,  Uncommon, 9236 GC

I believe this card actually hit the app in December of 2020, but it is part of the 2021 collection.  I knew that this would be in my top 5 when it came out a year ago.  I love ships.  I love action.  I love epic shots. This card is all of it.  The shot of this Imperial transport alone is beautiful, but the four Mandalorians flying above it for their raid adds just enough to make it an epic shot, in my opinion.  This is a magnificent card and tops my list for 2021.  












A quick note:  Acquiring information for the cards was kind of frustrating this year which is why some cards don't have actual names of the cards or sets.  I had to guess at that.  I normally get that information by clicking on the card, then using the information button on the bottom left.  About 85% of the cards did not have any information available.  All the fields were filled with "???"  I hope this feature is fixed in the future.  

No comments: