Friday, December 17, 2021

Top 5 Marvel Collect Sets for 2021

The Topps Digital Cards "Top 5" lists continue!  If you missed the first post that revealed my choices for the Top 5 Insert and Award Cards from Marvel Collect, click here to view that first.  Today, I will be looking at the  Top 5 Marvel Collect sets for 2021.  The criteria for this list are that these are sets that I chased during the year.  I may not have been able to finish the sets, but I did chase them and I have several cards from the sets.  It is likely we collected different sets; therefore, your list will be awesome but different.  The purpose of this list is not to evaluate all sets in the app for 2021, just the ones I attempted to collect.  Have fun and let me know what your top digital sets are for Marvel Collect in 2021!  If you want to see more cards from these sets, check out my collection on Marvel Collect Username: CYCLELIBRARIAN

I only trade doubles, but if I have doubles, make a fair trade.  I just might accept!


5.  Black Widow Premiere Collection, Rare, 12 card set, DNF 7/11 collected

This set was released in coordination with the film last spring.  What drew my eye to this set was the "dirty," unrefined style of the art to match the grittiness of the film and the Black Widow story.  I also was drawn to the dramatic use of the black and white format with the red splashed in on select cards.  There were a couple key cards to this set that I was not able to get (there are only so many credits!), but the cards I do have in my collection are cherished.  













4.  Avenger Bookmarks, Uncommon, 8 card set, finished 8/8 collected

As a librarian, how could I pass up on this set?  Avenger Bookmarks?  Yes, please.  Turns out, I really liked the modern art and style of these bookmarks.  I am waiting for these to come out as actual bookmarks one day!  Love these.  













3. Sanctum Sanctorum, Rare, 9 card set, DNF 4/9 collected

If you are a fan of Dr. Strange like I am, it would be hard to keep this set off a "best of" list.  This set is full of dark purple and red colors as Dr. Strange is depicted in different scenes of spell casting.  He is joined by other Marvel characters in several cards.  Characters like Clea, Spider-Man and Loki make appearances in this set.  It hits number three on my list for the dynamic value of color and scenes of magic.  













2. Vintage Panels, Uncommon, Waves 11 and 12 include 10 cards each wave, finished 20/20 collected

I have been collecting these cards from the first wave.  In fact,  I am only missing three cards from all waves and all three missing cards come from the first wave.  As you may remember from past lists, I really enjoy comic panels on cards and that is what this set is all about!  Each panel focuses on one character and each set follows a variety of classic characters including, Spider-man, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Ant-man, Nova, Hawkeye, Rocket Racoon, and many more.  











1. Marvel Architechs, Rare, 11 card set, DNF 7/11 completed

Most of my list is made up of some pretty classic art and comic panels, but the Marvel Architechs set is digital candy for the eyes!  With black backgrounds, the color make the characters pop right out of the cards.  Characters whose uniforms are dark, as seen on the X-Force card, create a menacing tone with white and gray shading.  The detail in the characters are sharp, and perspective lines coming out of the center of the card push the characters right off the screen.  This set is exceptional and worth a look.  



No comments: