Monday, September 23, 2024

A New Fantasy Football League brings a New Team Name (Updated 10/6/24)

I have been playing Fantasy Sports since the late 1980s when my friends and I got permission from our math teacher on Tuesdays to go in the hall to figure our fantasy points from the baseball team stats in the USA Today.  Over the years, I've won a few seasons, had lots of promise for good seasons, but more than not, they end in disappointing seasons.  I have played Fantasy Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Nascar (I had no business in the Nascar league).  The league I have been with the longest started sometime in the early 2000's.  That is a baseball league league with guys from the West Coast to the East Coast of the United States.  I didn't know most of them when we started and some guys dropped off and some have joined, but we have become good friends even though many of us have never met in person.  

The whole point of this walk down memory lane is to say, when I am asked to join a new league, I struggle mightily to say no.  That said, I joined a new football league this year, and I would like to introduce a new Fantasy Football Team: The Kamino Clone Kids in the Jedi Knights Football League.  
Here's a look at the opening week roster of the Clone Kids: 

Starters: 
QB: Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
RB: Travis Etienne, Jacksonville Jaguars
RB: Joe Mixon, Houston Texans
WR: Nico Collins, Houston Texans
WR: DK Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks
TE: Pat Freiermuth, Pittsburg Steelers
WR: Zay Flowers, Baltimore Ravens
WR: Brian Thomas, Jacksonville Jaguars
WR: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Seattle Seahawks
DL: Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers
LB: Zaire Franklin, Indianapolis Colts
DB: Kevin Byard, Chicago Bears
Bench: 
QB: CJ Stroud, Houston Texans
RB: Blake Corum, Los Angeles Rams
RB: JK Dobbins, Los Angeles Chargers
WR: Hollywood Brown, Kansas City Chiefs
LB: Bobby Okereke, New York Giants
LB: Quincy Williams, New York Jets
DB: Antoine Winfield, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I am excited for this league for a few reasons.  First, I've never played in a league where we draft individual defensive players instead of a team defense.  That is kind of fun and offers a new way to strategize both in the draft, but in the season as well.  Second, I'm in this league with some really great friends, and I think that is what it is all about, friendships.  Anyway, after week 3 the Clone Kids are looking pretty good, and headed for a clash with the only other undefeated team in the league, the Pabu Porgs managed by my very excellent friend Colby, host of The Colby Cast.  

Week 1: 1-0
Kamino Clone Kids: 177.6
Khofar Nights:  129.20

Week 2: 2-0
Kamino Clone Kids: 228.45
Mustafar Moof:  188.30

Week 3: 3-0
Kamino Clone Kids: 180.00
Kessel Revolutionaries: 167.50

Week 4: 4-0
Kamino Clone Kids: 184.50
Pabu Porgs:  181.40

Week 5: 

No comments: