Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Album Playthrough Project August 2024

It was a disappointing month of album listening for me.  I was happy with the quality of music I listened to, but disappointed in the number of albums I listened to.  I was, however, able to squeeze in a few albums in some free time.  
It was interesting as time was short, I found myself going to music and artists that I was familiar with.  It seemed that since I didn't have much time to listen, I didn't want to waste any of it with something that might turn out to be a dud.  Or, maybe I knew in my hectic moments that I needed certain music to lift me up and drive me forward.  I'm not sure, but here are the albums I listened to in their entirety in the month of August:  



The Nylon Curtain (1982) Billy Joel 8/15/24
Human Wheels (2005) John Mellencamp 8/22/24
Waiting for the Night (1993) Freddie Jones Band 8/28/24
All of This Life (2018) The Record Company 8/28/24
Shaken N Stirred (1985) Robert Plant 8/29/24
8/23/24 Greenwood Village, Co. (2024) Dave Matthews Band 8/30/24
The Principals of Moments (1983) Robert Plant 8/30/24
Wheels Are Turnin' (1984) REO Speedwagon 8/31/24

Best Memories: The Nylon Curtain - Billy Joel
So many car rides with friends, so many concerts, so many hours memorizing lyrics

Biggest Disappointment: Shaken N Stirred, Robert Plant
What the heck?? Synthesizers galore and not in a good way..bad experimentation.

Best Rebound/Redemption: The Principals of Moments, Robert Plant
I try not to listen to the same artist so soon after an album by the same artist, but I needed to find something to get back to believing in Robert Plant again! It worked.

Best Concert Memory: All of This Life, The Record Company
Glen Oak Park, Peoria, IL June 2019 Great night!

No comments: