Thursday, May 30, 2024

Top 3 Topps Digital Cards of 2024 so far

When it comes to Seeking Positivity in the Galaxy, trading cards are way up there as things that just make me happy.  While I am a bit of a completist, I never feel the need to have the best or most expensive cards.  I am perfectly happy with a fist full or phone full of cool base cards.  

With that said, I would like to share my Top 3 Topps Digital cards of 2024, so far.  One card from each digital platform from which I collect: Star Wars Card Trader, Topps Bunt, and Marvel Collect.  Since I do like to compete sets that I start, I normally just collect one at a time, or one weekly and one ongoing set.  This  year that has really been a challenge since all three platforms have pumped out some really great sets with original art or photos.  Anyway, here are my Top 3 cards from each platform from the first four months of the year.  

Star Wars Card Trader

The Client from the Topps Star Wars Masterwork set, Wave 1 - Tools and Technology Medallions - Chrome Purple, Epic, 237 Global Count

Medallion cards are always cool but in print cards, they never fit into nine pocket binder sleeves because they are too thick.  However, in the digital world, that is never a worry.  The Beskar Ingot looks great in this card with a gold title at the top of the card and the image of the Client on the left hand side of the ingot.  It looks really sharp.  


Topps Bunt

Ken Griffey Jr. from the Celebration of The Kid 24, Series 1 - Team Color Signature, Iconic, 382 Global Count

I was so excited to see this set as I was a huge fan of Griffey Jr. in the 1990s.  Even after I sold my print baseball collection, I kept a binder with the cards of my favorite players.  Griffey Jr. is one of those players.  He was a positive, influential player who always seemed to have a smile on his face.  So when this set was released, I went crazy collecting it.  I didn't end up completing the set, but I did get this really cool card though.  I really enjoy autograph cards, and who doesn't want one of The Kid?  







Marvel Collect

Wolverine from the welcome event with the new 2024 base set of cards.  N/A Global Count

No, I am not crazy, and yes, I chose a free card from a "welcome to the new set" event.  Each of these cards are technically stand alone, but there are seven cards to receive as you work your way through the event.  Maybe I am X-Men 97 crazy, but this Wolverine card (and all of them, really) is so sharp and colorful.  They look great, and whenever Wolverine is featured on a "sharp" card like this, you better choose it as your top card, bub.    

No comments: