Monday, January 9, 2023

2022 Reading and Viewing Stats Final

 

The year 2022 is now history, so it is time to face the music and check my 2022 Reading and Viewing Stats.  I had a feeling all year that I was way behind in all categories, and now that I look back at the two years, yes indeed, I was behind in all but one category.  

First, I watched more streaming shows in 2022 than in 2021, 111 vs. 86.  I think there is just a whole lot more content that I want to watch.  A feature in this year's stats list is the titles of all the books, movies, and TV shows that I watched (see bottom of the list).  While Disney+ shows dominate my viewing, there are several Netflix shows on this list and a Prime Video series.  Some of the series I started this year, will end up being on the 2023 list, because I did not finish the series such as Wednesday, Light and Magic, Willow, and Limitless.  

I look back on the year, and I am not sure what happened to my time.  Okay, I have some ideas why my stats might be lower.  First, my family introduced me to Spotify.  Let's just say that, if you didn't know, I love music.  I think I spent a lot more time this year just listening to music.  I spent much of 2022 listening to artists that I enjoyed as a teen or in college like The Cure, Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, The Kinks, and the Dave Matthews Band, just to name a few.  

Another reason my reading and viewing stats may be lower is that I have brought on some new projects in my life.  2022 was my first full year of becoming a podcaster with Teachers in the Dungeon, so I have spent more time reading articles, D&D rule books, writing, and so forth.  I also went back to coaching Speech Team at the school in which I teach.  I also returned to organizing a large community event at our school, STEAM into Star Wars.  No excuses, but these things take time.  I also have been playing more games with my family, friends, and students.  

One weird observation is that in both years I read exactly 100 digital Marvel Comics on Marvel Unlimited.  That is so strange.  I am glad to see that though because it totally justifies the cost of the platform.  It averages out to less than a dollar per comic read.  That doesn't include the dozens of times that I reference a comic, title, author, or artist using the app.  

Well, enough yapping, here are the stats: 

2022 2021

Movies watched: 21 Movies Watched: 31
Rewatch: 13 Rewatch: 16
First time: 8 First time: 15

TV series (streamed): TV series (streamed):
Episodes: 111 Episodes: 86
Rewatch: 25 Rewatch: 40
First time: 86 First Time: 46

Books read: 13 Books read: 21
Graphic Novels: 4 Graphic Novels: 6
Fiction: 8 Fiction: 12
Nonfiction: Nonfiction: 3
Pages read: 2,895 Pages read: 4,195

Books abandoned: Books abandoned:
Graphic Novels: 1 Graphic Novels:
Fiction: 2 Fiction:
Nonfiction: Nonfiction:
Pages read: Pages read:

Audiobooks: 1 Audiobooks: 3
Fiction: 1 Fiction: 3
Nonfiction: Nonfiction:

Short Stories: Short Stories: 8
Pages read: Pages Read: 244

Comic books read: 142 Comic Books read: 164
Digital: 42 Digital: 64
Print: 100 Print: 100

2022 Book Titles:
Critical Role Vox Machina Origins Vol. 1 1/2
Legend of Zelda vol. 3 1/2
Legend of Zelda vol. 4 1/3
Legend of Zelda vol. 5 1/28
In Sylvan Shadows Book 2 Cleric Quintet by R.A. Salvatore
Catfishing on the CatNet 3/13
The Inheritance Games 4/20
Star Wars: Queen's Hope
Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim
Star Wars: Brotherhood by Mike Chen
Starlight Enclave by R.A. Salvatore (audio) 8/7/22
Dragons of Deceit by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman
Ace of Spades by Faridah Abike-Iyimide 11/6
Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman 12/27

2022 Movies:
Back to the Future 1/1
Back to the Future II 1/1
Back to the Future III 1/1
Encanto 1/8, 1/29
Hamilton 1/8
The Courier 4/9
Westside Story 4/17
Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness
Doctor Strange
Star Wars A New Hope 6/17
Thor: Love and Thunder 7/9
Sing 2 7/16
Werewolf By Night 10/29
Wakanda Forever 11/10
Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special 11/27
The Art of Dungeons and Dragons 11/27
Elf 12/19
It's a Wonderful Life 11/23
Home Alone 11/23
Elf 12/23
A Christmas Story 12/25
Cruela 12/31

2022 Series:
Book Of Boba Fett
Daredevil
The World According to Jeff Goldblum
National Geographic: Welcome to Earth
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Stranger Things Season 3
Thundermans
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ms. Marvel
The Wizard of Paws
Stranger Things Season 4
She-Hulk
Light and Magic
Andor
Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power
Willow
Limitless with Chris Hemsworth
Wednesday

If you recall, I started this recording process at the beginning of 2021 after seeing @eyeoncanon post that he does a similar annual recording of things he has read.  I am really happy to see some historical data now, and I look forward to continuing the recording process to see what kind of consumer of reading and viewing am I.  Will my stats go back up in 2023?  Will they go down or stay similar?  I have no idea, but you better believe, I will be giving you my quarterly updates as the year progresses.  

No comments: