Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Dungeons and Dragons Ponies??

From the office of "Things I Thought I would Never Need," comes a most adorable, fun, and unexpected surprise with a Crossover Collection of My Little Pony with Dungeons and Dragons.  This is a five-pony set of 4.5-inch pony's in a collectible box that includes an exclusive 20-sided dice, and a Dungeon Master's screen that declares, "Cutie Marks & Dragons."  Each pony wears a removable outfit that matches the class of each pony.  

There is Mysteria the Wizard, Shadowstar the Rogue, Valor Stronghoof the Barbarian, Spinner Talltalethe a Bard, and Woodheart the Kind a Druid.  The cost varies slightly between retailers, but it is listed at $74.99 on the Wal-Mart website. 

The price tag is a little high for my liking, but if the cost comes down, I will have a hard time keeping this set from my collection.  What can I say, I am a sucker for fun, cute things.  In addition, both of my daughters liked My Little Pony in their early days, and we had many of the 4.5-inch ponies running around the house.  There is a bit of nostalgia for me as it brings family memories in with my own hobby of Dungeons and Dragons.  I also appreciate the uniqueness and creativity of this set.  Who sat down and thought, "Let's dress the My Little Pony characters as D&D classes?"  I mean, seriously.  

Anyway, what a fun way to bring kids along for the ride with ponies and Dungeons and Dragons.  I wonder how far down the road a new D&D supplement will be that has stat blocks for playable miniature ponies.  

No comments: