Tuesday, May 4, 2021

May the Fourth Be With You!

Happy May the Fourth Be with You!!  What a fun day to celebrate our fandom of Star Wars!  This year there are so many things to celebrate, but the 70-minute release of the new animated show, Star Wars: The Bad Batch, on Disney+ may be the most notable.  

There are so many ways to celebrate.  Starwars.com offers five ways to celebrate Star Wars Day.  It has become a tradition for me and my family that we celebrate by wearing Star Wars t-shirts on this day.  In fact, I invite everyone at the school I work at to wear Star Wars shirts or other Star Wars apparel.  It is not unusual for roughly 100 kids and staff to wear Star Wars apparel!  In other years, I walk around the lunch room with a microphone and ask students Star Wars trivia and I give away random Star Wars prizes. Since the pandemic has kept us from having lunch at school this year, it will be a tradition I will continue next year.

This year our foods classes will whip up some fun Star Wars food with May the Fourth recipes (Chewy Cookies and Lightsaber Pretzels) they found in the April/May edition of the Taste of Home magazine.  

This day gives all of us a positive, fun day to celebrate our fandom and to share it with the world.  What are some fun ways that you enjoy this day?  How do you share it with others?  Comment here or share on Twitter and tag me @draftline  Enjoy the day and May the Fourth be with You!

No comments: