Tuesday, November 17, 2020

A Daily Reminder from "The Child"

 Some days it is just too much.  I'm sure we've all been there at some point this year.  Some days it is just too much toxicity in social media, on other days it is too much division in politics.  Some other days are just filled with too much responsibility or too much stress.  Whatever it is, we need Chewie to put up the front deflector shield to protect us from the onslaught.  The truth is Chewie is not sitting next to us, and we don't have the Millenium Falcon's deflector shields to protect our front.  When times become overwhelming, we seem to lose hope.  

This week a good friend of mine gifted a tiny figure of The Child to me.  As seen in the picture, it is a recreation from an episode in season one when the Mandalorian, IG-11, Cara Dune and Greef Karga are trapped in a cantina while being assaulted from the street by an Imperial garrison led by Moff Gideon.  Gideon sends an Incinerator Trooper with his flame-throwing weapon into the cantina to finish off the Mandalorian's team.  When the flames blast into the cantina, The Child steps up and uses the Force to deflect the flames back upon the trooper.  It is a climactic moment as The Child saves the team for the moment, and we all took a deep breath as they get a moment to regroup.  

I set this little figurine on my desk below my monitor because he is quite cute.  Besides being cute, he also reminds me that when the toxicity, stress, overwhelming responsibility come at me, I can handle it.  I can use the Force in me to decide to not participate in comments or become emotionally involved in controversial issues.  I can use the Force in me to decide that I'm not going to participate in social media until I feel better and more prepared to face it.  I can use the Force in me to take the stress of the day and find a positive way to break my tasks apart and tackle them one at a time.  I can use the Force in me to say "no" sometimes, and that's okay.  

There is so much in this life to bring us down.  Look for the positive in every situation, but when it becomes overwhelming, think about The Child and how he uses the peace of the Force to face the worst.   

No comments: