Friday, December 3, 2010

Music update

My supposedly interesting music collection listening extravaganza continues. Some recent artists in my car's CD player include: Billy Joel, Madonna, Toad the Wet Sprocket, and Reba. I am searching my CD collection looking for artists, songs, and albums that are iPod worthy. But this week I came across an album that I wish I could go the other way in music listening progression. I would like to take this particular CD and get it on vinyl. The album is Jimi Hendrix The Blues. As I listen to this album, it is just losing something with the scratchiness gone. I remember listening to some Jimi Hendrix on reel-to-reel tape in my college days when I had a reel-to-reel player. The terrible quality of the tape and recording left a raw sound to the music that really seemed to add to the "quality" of the sound. I have been thinking of what other artists I have who I haven't listened to that might fit this unique category, and the Grateful Dead pop to mind. Anyway, Jimi Hendrix is a CD I have come across that is iPod worthy, but I would prefer it on the old record player.

No comments: