Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Squeezed out


Sometimes I just feel like we are squeezed out by ourselves. When I took this picture this August standing in Millenium Park, Chicago, I was taken in by the beauty of the city. Today, when I look at this picture I feel crowded. I feel like the green space is a novelty to be simply looked at as if to say, "Look at the grass and bushes! Daddy, do you remember the days of trees, grass and bushes?" Why do we seem to see progress as more space being filled. Technically, I am talking physical space like parking lots and buildings, but I also mean our lives. Our lives are as crowded as this picture. Look, there is lots of activity, just like our lives, but there is also the "calm" right in front. We just tend to look right past it. We look down the road. Is there peace down there? Is there more "progress?" Maybe we should stay right where we are in the green of our lives.

No comments: