Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Writer's Block!!

Writer's Block!!  That is probably the best way to describe my absence from Seeking Positivity in the Galaxy.  The month of July brought a lot of distractions with cycling, the Tour de France, baseball, the Olympics, family and summer events and so much more.  I am sure that I am not alone.  That isn't really an excuse, but my brain hasn't been able to put together cohesive thoughts worth sharing.  What do we do when that happens to us?  

I have tried a few things like just free writing in a journal with paper and pencil.  Many times those entries get going,  but then they wander all about with what my head "spilled."  This didn't quite satisfy my need for breaking out of my writer's block, but it did help me to reflect on what was on my mind.  This wasn't an overall bad thing.  

Another technique that I tried to break out of writer's block was to walk around with my phone and take pictures around the house and yard.  My goal was to try to find something that would be the catalyst for an idea.  Again, this was fun, and looking at my picture roll is interesting, to say the least.  For some reason, the dark, dirty cobwebs in my garage must have been on my mind.  I snapped a picture, then swept them down with a broom.  Some of those pictures may make their way to this blog, but it didn't do much for me in the month of July.  

My last technique was to just write about writer's block.  Hey, that is this entry!  My hope is that addressing it directly and sharing it will help me and my mind to move on.  We will see if that helps.  

Some good can come from bad.  The time I took away from writing helped me to brainstorm some ideas to develop my writing and share ideas with all of you.  Even in the dark of writer's block, stay positive and open to what may come. 

Stay tuned in the next few weeks for some exciting news that will be coming to Seeking Positivity in the Galaxy.    

No comments: