Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Marvel Unlimited Plus Package

So I got home from work the other day to see a small package sitting on my front porch.  I wasn't really expecting anything, so I had that "Oh oh, the Wells Fargo Wagon is-a, coming down the street" moment of excitement.  An unexpected package!
To my delight the package wasn't for my kids or my wife, it was for me!  The box was covered with comic panels and the title "Marvel Unlimited."  I have written about how much I enjoy the Marvel Unlimited e-comics subscription before, but this is definitely a perk of renewing my subscription.  I apparently signed up for the Marvel Unlimited Plus subscription.  I didn't even know I did it, so the cost is either very close to the regular subscription or I unconsciously just clicked and went down that road.  Either way, I am now a plus member and got this cool box.
So, you may be wondering, what comes in this cool box? I will quote from the letter that was found inside with my Marvel Unlimited Plus Member card attached.  "To kick off the new year, we're bringing you all new plus member kit featuring a stunning Marvel Unlimited Plus box redesign.  Inside, you'll find your official membership card, an exclusive Hasbro Marvel Legends Rescue figure not available anywhere else, 3 exclusive variant comics of Invincible Iron Man #1, Captain America: White #1 and Agent Carter: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary #1 with connecting covers by Paul Renaud, and a collectible set of 2 exclusive S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter pins."
This is a nice package.  As a plus member there are discounts to digital comic store as well as the Marvel comic store.  Here is a Q/A from the Marvel Unlimited Plus webpage that explains everything.
To me the real benefit comes from the massive digital comic catalog that is open to anyone who subscribes to Marvel Unlimited, plus or regular member.  I have been reading the new arc of the Deathlok, the New Warriors, Moon Knight, the original run of Marvel's Star Wars and much more.  I also use the collection as reference to story lines and character/villain connections.
Do you use Marvel Unlimited as your comic source or another digital comic source like Comixology?  Or do you say, no way, paper copies, please?
Comment below and share your experience.

No comments: