Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dungeons and Dragons Fun

If you have about an hour and a half, you can still get in a great, exciting Dungeons and Dragons adventure.  This tabletop board game uses figures, dungeon tiles that come out randomly as characters move to the edges of each tile, treasure, encounter, and monster cards that drive the action. A basic adventure goal like escaping from the under dark or destroying Shimmergloom in the Legend of Drizzt game leads the adventurers on from tile to tile.  This game is an old fashion D&D dungeon crawl or brawl as monsters are always coming at the characters along with dungeon encounters such as poison gases, cave-ins, and lava vents blowing up!  This game is a real challenge to defeat, and every game has a different path to the conclusion that is if you ever get to the goal encounter.
One of the reasons I paid the premium price, $60.00 or so, is that the game is compatible with other D&D board games as well as the awesome player vs. player Dungeon Command, so I can combine my game with friends' games.  Also, the game can be played by 1-5 players, so that when I can't get together with my friends, which is often after working 2 jobs and raising two kids, I can get a game in on my own.
If you have played this game, what are your thoughts?

No comments: