Friday, April 22, 2011

CD revival stalled and Note to local Radio

The CD revival has been stalled and it is XM Radio's fault. Since our baby has been born, I have been driving our car and not the Aztec (long story). Anyway, the car has XM Radio and I discovered two stations that I can't leave behind when I'm in the car. One is BPM that plays techno dance and the other is the Grateful Dead station. I realize the stations are as different as black and white, but they both take me to different places in life.
I hope to get back to the CD revival soon, but as long as I'm riding in the car it will be XM Radio.

Oh, on a side note to all the radio stations in Peoria and their advertisers. Radio in Peoria is terrible!!! We are sick of light rock, pop/urban rap, canned country, and 80's and 90's heavy metal. Stations: get a real, original format that is different from your competitor. Advertisers: stop wasting your money and demand that the stations get real formats. Oh and get a clue, advertise on stations that meet your market. I don't think too many people listening to the rock and heavy metal station are going to the Peoria Symphony any time soon. Stop using Ad agencies!!!! Hire someone local who can actually listen to the station and understand who does or doesn't listen to the stations.

2 comments:

Rich Schurter said...

AMEN! Radio Paradise rules the air. What is so difficult about this?
Oh, rode to school in the rain today. Forty-nine miles in the last three days on the bike. August trip--Pekin--Galesburg--Macomb--home.

pschurter said...

lulz, local radio.

Its hilarious how I can turn on our one remaining "new rock" station and the chances of me hearing a Nirvana or Soundgarden (or worse, some awful nu-metal) are as good as hearing anything actually "new."

Though, judging from the new stuff they play, that might not be bad either.

670 the score and NPR!