Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Finishing a book

I finished reading a book today. It is the latest book in a collection of books by R.A. Salvatore. The book is titled The Ghost King. I am always glad and excited to finish a book, because it means that I get to start a new story. But, I always have a bit of a melancholy feeling as well. I have spent hours over many weeks reading about and living the lives of the characters. I have rooted for them, worried about them, and even felt my heart rate increasing in the rising action moments. So, when I finish a book, I really do feel as though I have become a part of the characters or maybe more so, they have become a part of me. I hope that I am not the only one who feels this way, but even if I am the only one, it is time to move on and meet some new characters.

No comments: